Friday, August 28, 2009

Oh boy, another Rob Zombie remake!

Since I only spend my time watching good horror films, I'm avoiding Rob Zombies Halloween 2 like the plague. But then I red something today that really pissed me off. "Rob Zombie to remake The Blob"

Why the hell is he doing remakes of films that are completely and totally out of his style? It makes no sense. It's like expecting Ed Wood to do a respectful remake of an Alfred Hitchcock film. But of course, that would imply that Rob Zombie is of the same caliber as Ed Wood which he is far from.

"My intention is not to have a big red blobby thing -- that's the first thing I want to change," Zombie said. "That gigantic Jello-looking thing might have been scary to audiences in the 1950s, but people would laugh now."

Smart thinking, Rob. We wouldn't want the Blob looking like a "blob" now would we?

"I'd been looking to break out of the horror genre, and this really is a science fiction movie about a thing from outer space," Zombie said. "I intend to make it scary, and the great thing is I have the freedom once again to take it in any crazy direction I want to."

So you've been wanting to get out of making scary movies, so you can remake a sci-fi film and make it scary? Honestly, I can't wait for this "new direction" he will take the story this time. Maybe The Blob came out of a trailer park (sometime in the 70's of course) and begins swallowing people up (but not Sherri Moon of course. God forbid she goes without getting a starring role) to the sounds of Blue Oyster Cult and more than frequent cuss words.. Boy, I can just feel the tingling of a Sid Haig cameo right now can't you?!

3 comments:

  1. Can somebody please shoot Rob Zombie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob Zombie needs to be beaten severely. Maybe that will teach him to STOP TRYING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa, hey josh, it's randy/emoisgay789, This post was hillarious, remaking good horror films should be illegal.

    ReplyDelete