Friday, January 16, 2009

Skincrawler - Lair of the Foul




Hey guys! Guess what! Hellhammer changed their name and decided to become some dude named Elektrokutioner?

Could have fooled me. This shit IS Hellhammer. It's not the ONLY influence, but honestly, it could pass for it! The production, the song writing, the vocals, and even the artwork! Nev did a great job on this!

The atmosphere on this album is perfect. From the opening of Demons of the Dark it drags you down to a deep, dark place, from which there is no return! From what I've heard, Elektrokutioner wrote most of this album in one day. If that's true, he's clearly the greatest metal musician of 2008. He wins the award. Right now. I'm listening to Hellhammer right now, and I honestly had to look back and make sure I wasn't accidently listening to Skincrawler by mistake. If you like Hellhammer - LISTEN TO SKINCRAWLER! I can't put it any more clearly than that. If you don't like Hellhammer, kill yourself. Get Lair of the Foul, now!
10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment